Old 11-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Pat Meadows

Default attack of the summer zucchini

On 11 Sep 2003 12:58:16 -0700,
(rdoiron) wrote:

Anybody else out there running out of good ideas for preparing
zucchini?

Check out the zucchini page of Kitchen Gardeners International, a new
nonprofit organization that promotes a closer connection between
people and their food:
www.kitchengardeners.org/zucchini.html

This may be totally unbelievable, but we really don't have
an excess of zucchini this year. I planted ONE zucchini
plant...I also planted one yellow crookneck squash plant,
and one pattypan squash plant.

We have a HUGE excess of pattypan squash. The plant is
large enough to eat Cleveland - easily. It wouldn't
even burp.

It swallowed up the zucchini plant and the yellow crookneck
squash plant - they're now lost in the depths of the
pattypan squash plant. There are zucchinis and yellow
crooknecks in there somewhere, but we can't get to them.
Hehehe.

The principle's the same though: pattypan can be used for
whatever zucchini can be used for.

Pat