Old 11-09-2003, 09:39 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Deterring lizards...

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 18:04:07 +0200, Ric wrote:
Small lizards keep crawling into the control-box of the electric gate of my
house. No problem until I open the gate, when they get fried by 220v and I
keep having to change the fuse. I've tried blocking entry to the control-box
but this is not easy. Anybody know of any good ways to deter them from
getting in in the first place? Are their products available?

You need to block all the holes into the control box. You can get special
fittings to thread the cables through into the box - called glands - that
will block any holes between cable and box. If this box is outdoors, it
should be weather proof, and hence hole-free to prevent water ingress and
frying yourself on electricity.... Look at fitting a seal on the door of
the control box if it needs one.

HTH, Sarah