Old 11-09-2003, 11:56 PM
A Troll aka Jeff Coles

Default Back to the garden at last- Is it me?

"trevor.appleton" wrote in message
Finally getting back in the garden now its cooled down to get some work
done. Hedges not cut yet.

Is it just me that finds it too hot to work in the garden between June and
late Auigust?

This 'glorious summer' as many describe it was just something to get
through, with days on end spent cowering in the shade or in the house.

How anyone can think of moving to France I'll never know.

Trevor
East Yorkshire

BTW we have superb sea breezes here in the late afternoon, and I think

some
previous recent summers have had hotter evenings here

---

Oh! what a load of old whingers! The first decent summer we have had in a
few years and what does everybody do? moan : (
Get up early and get out in the garden while it is still cooler, but before
starting work have breakfast, alfresco style, a nice glass of fresh orange
juice and a big bowl of sunny cornflakes : )
Start with the quiet jobs (weeding, dead-heading bug splatting) I don't
suppose the neighbours would appreciate the noise of a chainsaw and what
have you until a little later on. Through the week I would then have to
leave for work at 7.00 am : ( But weekends, lovely continue on until it
gets too warm to work efficiently, sit down have a snack, read the papers
then prepare yourself to go window shopping at Sainsbury's freezer counter
for a few hours. Hopefully by then the fierce heat of the day is past, and
one can continue pottering. COME ON people we have ENOUGH boring weather!
Think sunshine, colour, ice-cream, children splashing in the pool that made
you go dizzy inflating it. We'll soon be back to the miserable weather you
all seem to enjoys so much.

Jeff