Old 12-09-2003, 01:15 AM
J. Lane

Default Wildflower seeds

Hi Mark,
I live in Zone 5 as well ( in Canada) and I'm not sure about the fall
seeding. Your winters are pretty cold and the seeds may die. I suggest that
you seed around the middle of May. Around here we plant on May 20th which is
a long weekend for us.As to the purchase, sorry, can't help in that regard.
--
Jayel
"Mark Anderson" wrote in message
.net...
Does anyone have a recommendation for a place on the web that sells
wildflower seeds? some variations. One site lists all their plants and

percentages of each
in the seed mix and I kind of like that.
I'm looking to buy about 1 lb wildflower and 1 lb poppy and this year I
want to plant them in the fall instead of spring to see how that turns
out. I'm in zone 5 (Chicago) BTW and sometimes, like this year, the
spring was so cold that the seedlings didn't start until June when
planted at the beginning of May. I'm hoping a fall planting will cause
some of the hardier plants to start before the leaves start growing on
the trees.