Old 12-09-2003, 06:02 AM
Thalocean2

Default Fruit Trees

What part of the country are you in? Our peaches and pears are done here in
Colorado and the apples will be ready after our first freeze, sometime in Oct.

It sounds like your trees have been neglected for some time and will need work
to get them to bloom next spring. I would consult a local nursury and find out
what fertilizers they need, how to prune them etc. It sounds like maybe you've
got some fire-blight if the branches only have leaves on 2/3's.

Good luck,
Laura B.

I am really new to the whole gardening experience so please bear with me.
I moved into a new home in May that has a pear tree, apple tree and peach
tree. The peach tree only had leaves on the top 2/3 of the tree with bear
lower branches. The apple tree is full of leaves and so is the pear tree.
When do these trees produce fruit?? I am not expecting any of them to be
edible (not even expecting any fruit from the Peach tree)...I just don't
have a clue when they are to produce anything. In fact I know nothing about
fruit trees and need to learn about spraying and over all care for fruit
trees.
These trees have been neglected for over a year so their over all health is
questionable.
What can I do the insure the possiblity of having edible fruit from them?
And When are they suppose to produce their fruit?
Thanks!

---