Old 12-09-2003, 08:50 AM
Franz Heymann

Default sequel to blaster worm

"martin" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:18:25 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

In article , Franz Heymann notfranz.
writes

In view of the fact that there is a virus doing the rounds, (it tries to
attack me on average 1.5 times daily) which purports to come from

Microsoft
and which includes an attachment which is said to cure something or

other,
I will not avail myself of this advice, however good it might be, until

hear from others who are brave enough to follow it.

There's a difference between downloading an official patch from
Microsoft, and executing an email attachment merely claiming to be a
patch (and in being in reality malware).

I think Franz doesn't trust the URL. I use Microsoft products under great

duress.

You are quite right.

Franz