Old 12-09-2003, 09:20 AM
martin

Default sequel to blaster worm

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:46:24 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann notfranz.
writes

In view of the fact that there is a virus doing the rounds, (it tries to
attack me on average 1.5 times daily) which purports to come from

Microsoft
and which includes an attachment which is said to cure something or

other,
I will not avail myself of this advice, however good it might be, until I
hear from others who are brave enough to follow it.

The message to which I referred was a notice from Microsoft distributed
for them by Demon - and probably other ISPs. The URL gives direct access
to MS Windows Update where the patch can be downloaded and installed by
MS users. Its purpose is to protect against new developments of the
blaster worm. Uninvited e-mails purporting to be from Microsoft should
be deleted without opening.

I would rather rely on Norton to fight virus attacks than rely on Microsoft.

Microsoft occasionally anticipate problems before they happen whereas
Symantec react to problems. For example Microsoft provided a patch to
prevent Blaster type worms in July 2003, before Blaster attacks
started.
It's safer to take the input from both companies,BUT if I could only
chose one I would chose Symantec :-)
--
Martin