Old 23-01-2003, 03:40 PM
dave weil

Default Prune now?

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:01:11 -0600, "Theo Asir"
wrote:

-10F pre wind chill in my backyard.

So here I sit 9:00 AM and the temp
outside is -6F pre windchill

Nino Shmino who the hell cares?
The weather here is so variable
it would not even register.

Sorry I'm a little grumpy right now.
But battling a frozen garage door
for 45 minutes
while the little woman issues
instructions from her warm perch
does not float my boat.

Reminder: Get red roses to make
up for yelling at her. My language
was less than stellar but wass fiery
enough to melt the ice.

Well, here in Nashville, there's an inch of snow on the ground and
it's 8 degrees. That's not counting the wind chill, which is below
zero. It's only going to get up to about 18 degrees today (with gusts
up to 20 mph) and it's going to hover around the 0 level again
tonight. We'll see how the standard fares through this pretty brutal
weather.

Oh yeah, speaking of red roses, I went to have dinner with the
recipient of my red rose and she had it on the table. It was still
unfurling. She commented how fresh it still looked. To me, it was a
shining beacon of my stupidity. As Bart Maverick once said, "Never tip
your hand before you draw your two cards" (Well, I don't know if he
actually said it, but I suspect that he *would* say it if necessary
g). I made sure that I moved it off the table (I had the advantage
of it being a small table and the pre-meal scrabble board took up much
of the table).

You know, it's a shame that "love at first sight" is sometimes a
one-way street. Of course, you have to keep on driving until you find
a way to turn around or it turns into a two way street. I'm still
driving straight ahead. I only hope there isn't a wall ahead or that I
at least find a turnoff first chuckle.