Old 12-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Frogleg

Default Fruit Trees

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:37:15 -0700, "GoldLexus2000"
wrote:

I live in Portland, Oregon.
When we looked at the house a year ago (we bought my best friends house)
the trees had peaches and pears, don't remember if there were any apples.
Anyway, our friends weren't living in the house a year ago so any fruit that
grew were never
picked or picked up off the ground which may have made the trees vulnerable
to all
sorts of stuff.
I guess I will need to head to the nursery and find out how to get these
trees to the
glory they should be. Boy, I feel so clueless right now.

If you can't see fruit on the trees (or on the ground) now, you're
pretty much done for this year. Apples are, I believe, the latest of
the fruits you mention to become ripe for harvest. I would, indeed,
seek expert advice from a garden center or Your Local Extension Agent
as to measures you can take to keep these trees healthy and
productive. I hope Pam will join this thread and provide some expert
advice for you. Can you ask your best friend something about the
history and care of the trees?