Old 12-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Mike Cormack

Default Pepper problem: No heat!

I need some advice for next year. I grew Jalapeno, Thai, Cayenne and 1 other
hot pepper from Sarawak. None of them are spicy. They are growing fine,
ranging from 16" to 24" tall with plenty of fruit. I grow them in raised
beds, use alpaca poop fertilizer, consistently water them.

It's too late for this year. I want to investigate and prepare for next
year. I don't know what I did wrong, but my assumption is the soil is
broken. Either missing some nutrient, maybe the Ph is incorrect or something
else? I'd appreciate any advice on how/what to investigate. Any pointers to
good website on how to grow peppers?

thanks,
Mike
Portland, OR