Old 12-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Ted Byers

Default Cut back Phal to where?

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
My Phal has lost all eight of its blooms after months of displaying them.
Where should I cut the stem back to in order to promote new blooms?

Don't bother to cut it back unless some or all of it starts to wither,
assuming the plant is in genrally good shape. (When was it last repotted?
How healthy were the roots? ) Many phals will rebloom on old
inflorescences, some don't usually do so. Some routinely cut the
inflorescence back to the first node that had not produced a bloom, and
others will cut back to a few centimetres of where it emerges from the base.
I am inclined to let the plant tell me what it wants removed.

Cheers,

Ted