Old 12-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default First critter

Anne Lurie wrote:

And, then, if you're like me -- it isn't *really* spring until you hear
the toads calling from the water garden for the first time! (Actually,
that's not exactly true here in North Carolina, as our seasons are more like
"before Summer, Summer, after Summer, and brief respite for the gardeners
among us"! Even then, I look out the window & see the weeds going "neener
neener neener, we're working & you're not!")

and they sit out there and gloat, plotting lawn take over if you miss a
day or two in the yard *ever*.

So, while the rest of you are wondering about how to "winter" your
ponds/fish/plants, the folks in my area are just welcoming Fall, at long
last!

Of course, expecting summer temps this week, I put some silicone sealant
on my waterfall. Naturally, the temps dropped and it has yet to totally
cure. Oh well, so much for celebrating my 42nd b'day by restarting the
waterfall. *smile*

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu