Old 12-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Babberney

Default Looking for help identifying a tree, and methods to control sap (if possible)

On 09 Sep 2003 04:17:28 GMT, (Sed5555) wrote:

or buy a batch of lady bugs (AKA lady beetles) and release them to
attack the aphids.

Unfortunately, lady beetles have not proven effective against this insect,
though the lacewings have.
sed5555

Do you mean in this tree. or in general? I have, in fact, seen lady
beetle larvae sucking the juices from aphids. Perhaps you are saying
they don't do enough damage to make a significant difference?

At any rate, I would think it's worth a try (along with lacewings, or
maybe the lacewings without the lady beetles). My goal was simply to
suggest a non-chemical approach (and less expoensive solution than
spraying a large tree).

Keith
For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit
http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com/