Old 12-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Younger daughter says I am a terrorist

Theo, My Dear, you DO have a way with the words now, don't you???? GBG! I
hope Edina comes crawling home, all fat, dumb and happy! THEN you take her
to the vet to get spayed! (Honest, they don't know what you did to them!
and then they live long and happy lives.) Keep us advised . . .
By the way, wasn't the "trollop" in the British comedy Absolutely Fabulous
named "Edina"? or am I thinking of something else . . .?
Lee

"Theo van Daele" wrote in message
The answer is... a very long story.

We used to get our cats "fixed" out of habit. We know that they have a
better chance of survival, and frankly, make nicer pets.

But...

Que myself with a "but honey, do we really have the right to just fix them

?
Humans can decide for themselves (hopefully), but can we decide it for our
cats ?"

Enter: long discussions, the following is just a synopsis, but basically I
thought: why not let her have at least one nest, and then we'll do the
"fixing". We'll "mate her" with another Coon, so we can easily give the
nest a warm home (money would go to the breeder BTW)

I wish I hadn't brought up that idea in hindsight :-)

My wife first thought "oh dear, Theo is going all treehuggy", then she got
used to the idea, next thing, she desperately wants kittens from Edina.

Problem is: Edina refuses to get frisky... or even better: she doesn't

want
us to know.

So one day we catch here doing it with Archibald (8 year old Coon, who was
duly fixed), but let's say he does know the game, but really doesn't know
how to do a touch-down. Off we go with Edina to the lady/breeder where

we
bought all our cats from. Problem again: Edina doesn't like those fully
equipped males one bit. In fact, she tries to rip them apart LOL. So
after a few days lady brings cat back "she obviously doesn't want it, and
she's quite agressive"...

5 months go by. She lost all intrest in "it". Suddenly, last week, we
see dear old Archibald on top of her again. Now of course, we had done a
lot of thinking (strange environment, maybe she likes silver tabby's like
Archibald), so we called the nice lady again. Sex-R-Us appears on our
doorstep the next day with a *beautiful* male, such a nice animal.

Male gets released in the same room as Edina. Makes all the right noises
("hello luv, have I seen you before ? " yada yada ;-). Edina goes at him
like she was shot from a cannon and tries to rip his eyes out . We
try everything to calm her down, but she doesn't want to see that slick

SOB
at all.

3 hours go by, no difference.

So lady goes home. We feel a bit stupid.

15 minutes later :

http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0001.JPG

AAARRGHHHHH !!!

Archibald on top of her again...

If you want to see the whole "courting/lovegame" (amazing BTW) see

http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0002.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0003.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0004.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0005.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0006.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0007.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0008.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0009.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0010.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0011.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0012.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0013.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0014.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0015.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0016.JPG
http://www.wide-o.net/cats/PICT0017.JPG

Ahum...

Obviously, Archibald doesn't really do the job, as much as she is "in

love"
with him.

2 days later, she manages to "escape" whilst I went out to feed the fish
(hey, on topic or what ) That was 3 days ago....

Still, my fault...

:-)

Theo

"LeeAnne" schreef in bericht
Um, don't get me wrong - I'm curious though . . . do you let your

unfixed
female cat out to roam?