Old 12-09-2003, 09:14 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default RAIN!

Thenewguy wrote:
hey, i have a small, probably simple to answer problem. Its been raining
cats and dogs here and the liner of my pond seems to be floating up, should
i have add rocks to the bottom of my pond. i believe its all water coming in
from the ground underneath the liner...any ideas?

I had the same problem due to a leak from the waterfall. However, I
have to pump the water out as the pond basin is carved out of stone. To
do this, I stole the connection ends (short pieces of hose) that run
from my two hose reels to the water faucet. I then put an $8 drill
powered pump in between and used it to pull the water out from under the
liner. I bought the little electric drill powered pump (drill not
included) from Lowes. Definitely well worth the investment.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu