Old 12-09-2003, 10:36 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default slug victory

You must wait until a full moon before doing the fertility dance!!

The slugs should be fried in butter with garlic and served with fava beans
and a glass of Chianti. Ffffff!!

Next thing you know you will be having a "slug fest"!!!!

Callen Molenda wrote in message
Perhaps we should strip naked and dance in the full moon while eating
said slugs?

Callen in VA, just trying to be helpful

Cereoid-UR12- wrote:

Do they serve any purpose for whom? For you?

Do you actually believe that everything on earth was put here solely to
serve man?
Do you believe in the Doctrine of Signatures"?
Are you stuck in the "Dark Ages"?

Why don't you try eating the slugs like they did in a recent episode of
"Fear Factor"?
They say they taste just like snails only without the shells!!!!!

jel wrote in message
I would just like to report that I have had enormous success killing

slugs
with beer in SW Ohio. Stroh's and plastic cups are all that are

required.
I caught seven - yes seven - slugs in one night with day-old beer.

Dumping
seven soggy dead slugs from a plastic cup was both nausiating and

rewarding.
I think so far I've killed about two dozen 3-4" adult slugs this year,
mostly with beer but also by smashing those that I happen to see when

I'm
out at dusk or dawn. Plus I've probably killed about half a dozen

baby
slugs when they've been tracked into my house by the dog and cat. If

it
weren't for the babies getting into the house, I probably wouldn't be

half
as determined to kill the breeders.

But I am wondering (since I was asked) if slugs serve any purpose in a
garden. I've only seem them eating my flowering plants, which signed

their
death warrants.