Old 12-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Root over Rock planting

Barb,

It is always good to give a tree the best chance of
survival. That includes transplanting when dormant.

Kitsune Miko

--- Barb wrote:
Afternoon all,
I have a Mimosia tree that stands about 28" or so
high, this tree's top
most roots, from the start were above the ground.
There is about 2" or so of
air between the base of the tree and the dirt. I
want to plant this over a
rock. Here is my question, should I wait till the
tree goes dormant in the
fall or would it be ok to go ahead and transplant it
now. These trees are
almost impossable to kill around here, and their
roots systems grow hugh and
a lot of them show above ground in a mature tree.. I
live in Southeast
Texas..
Sure hope "Isaobell" goes out into the vast
Alantic...
Barb

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale
Cochoy++++