Old 13-09-2003, 04:02 AM
GoldLexus2000

Default Fruit Trees

Okay, I was out today taking a good hard look at my trees to see if I can
see any
fruit or prospect of any fruit. I couldn't see anything, than looked on the
ground and
found an apple! Only one apple. I brought it inside and cut it open and no
worms either!
Can I expect to get more apples later? If one apple is worm free will they
all be? Being
as I don't know if they have ever been treated with anything will they be
okay to eat?
When looking at the Pear tree I can see long leaf like things on it but not
leaf shaped.
Are they future Pears? I have no clue what a pear looks like in the really
early stage.
As far as the Peach tree well it is obvious that it is sick. No peaches, no
leaves on the
lower 1/3 of the tree.
I will be heading to the nursery sometime next week. I want to have some
good fruit next
year from these and hoping the Peach tree isn't too sick.

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:37:15 -0700, "GoldLexus2000"
wrote:

I live in Portland, Oregon.
When we looked at the house a year ago (we bought my best friends house)
the trees had peaches and pears, don't remember if there were any apples.
Anyway, our friends weren't living in the house a year ago so any fruit

that
grew were never
picked or picked up off the ground which may have made the trees

vulnerable
to all
sorts of stuff.
I guess I will need to head to the nursery and find out how to get these
trees to the
glory they should be. Boy, I feel so clueless right now.

If you can't see fruit on the trees (or on the ground) now, you're
pretty much done for this year. Apples are, I believe, the latest of
the fruits you mention to become ripe for harvest. I would, indeed,
seek expert advice from a garden center or Your Local Extension Agent
as to measures you can take to keep these trees healthy and
productive. I hope Pam will join this thread and provide some expert
advice for you. Can you ask your best friend something about the
history and care of the trees?

---