Old 13-09-2003, 08:03 AM
Peter Goddard

Default I enjoyed this nice hot summer - Is it me? Back to the garden at last - Is it me?

For me this has been one of the best summers I can ever remember.
Newly retired, I have just taken up gardening and it has been a real joy to
be out in the sunshine watching the garden explode with life.
My vegetable crops have been prolific and in the borders my Penstemons in
particular have been dazzling.
The wildlife garden has been covered by clouds of butterflies and the ponds
have seen squadrons of dragonflies and damselflies cruising back and forth
laying eggs.

You can keep your cool, shady conditions - this is the kind of weather for
me!

"A Troll aka Jeff Coles" wrote in message
Did anyone else apart from LizR and myself enjoy the summer we just had?

I became more and more depressed as I read the "Back to the garden at

last"
threads. snip