Old 13-09-2003, 09:12 AM

Default Dwarf orange problem

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:24:31 GMT, wrote:

During last year's landscape of back yard, I put a
dwarf orange among the plants. It had several oranges on
it, and when they ripened, I ate them with real reverence.

Following spring, it had a LOT of blossoms, and I had high hopes.

All blooms fell off. No oranges.

Terribly disappointed.

Question: Could this have anything to do with its proximity
to a rapidly-growing bamboo? I keep the B. cut back so it doesn't
shade too much, and I do fertilize the Orange with a product
that is supposed to work on the soil rather than directly
on the plant.

Am going to move the Orange to a better location, where
I hope it will do better.

Meantime, would be very interested in any feedback
on why all the blooms fell off...

Thanks for your advice.

Any comment out there?

I have (successfully, I hope) moved it, but would
still appreciate comments on why all blooms
fell off earlier this year.

TIA

--

Persephone