Old 13-09-2003, 12:12 PM
al

Default sequel to blaster worm

"Jaques d'Altrades" wrote in message
Im not a MS fan at all, but XP is rock solid compared to anything else
they've ever released. Any other opinion on this matter is based on
singular (and therefore irrelevant) "bad" experiences.

Sounds like the confidence (and arrogance) of youth, to me.

'Fraid not old boy. It is confidence though - of an experienced IT
professional who's been getting his hands dirty since 1983. Believe me, I
do know what I'm talking about in these matters, it's not a hobby. I've
worked for many big names and always (somehow) in mixed environments, so
it's very easy for me to make comparisons between MS and UNIX/Linux and
between currents systems and older on all varieties of old and new hardware.

If you can say the same, you'll be the first person I've ever met with any
actual experience to hold that opinion despite your record. If you can't,
and you're just an armchair IT "pro", then please accept the wisdom of those
who know better than you.