Old 13-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Kay Easton

Default O/T just a thought

In article , Natalie
writes

Did *you* read the abc or were our efforts all those years ago in vain?
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,

When I joined URG I did not see the "abc for newcomers" to read before
posting. Unfortunately it is not the first posting you see when you join
:-(

When I joined, now over 7 years ago, everything written about the net
made you very aware of the need to check usenet conventions before
posting, to check that the subject of the newsgroup was indeed what you
thought (alt.life.universe.everything, alt.fan.british.accent and
alt.learning-to-lead are just 3 I know of which are not what they seem),
and check any particular rules of the group (eg 'no flaming' or 'no sigs
longer than 4 lines')

I don't think this is the case now?

Do people still look at the ng before posting and lurk awhile to get the
flavour of the group?
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: