Old 13-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Kay Easton

Default O/T just a thought

In article , shannie
writes

No Jane, I have to admit that initially I did not read it as I didn't know
it existed When I first started on newsgroups I knew relatively nothing,
I didn't know about faq's or guidelines or anything else. What happened in
my case was,( as Im sure has been the case with others) It was recommended
to me that I try newsgroups, however I didn't know about the 'rules'. So in
I ploughed with both feet. It was in fact a member here who pointed me in
the right direction and I found the faq's, the abc and the websites. I wish
I *had* known about them before posting, but obviously didn't 'lurk' long
enough. Your collective efforts were not in vain at all, it's concise and
well organised and easy to understand but there are always those of us who
miss it initially.

So it does seem something more might be needed - if only a pointer in a
sig to the FAQs and the abc.

But if I were to do that in my sig, would it be regarded as helpful? Or
would I get accusing me of thinking I own the group?
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: