Old 13-09-2003, 04:03 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default O/T just a thought

The message
from "Robert" contains these words:

Peter Goddard wrote:
: Bottom posting means putting your reply beneath a copy of the original
: posting - the logical place for the convenience of people who haven't
: been following the thread.
: Top posting is like this ... with the original post beneath for
: reference. Considerate posters will snip (delete) out parts of the
: original post that aren't relevant to their reply.

There isn't much which isn't relevant, so I won't snip. I'm sure this
state of affairs will change though, as the thread progresses.
:
: Personally I detest bottom posting since it often involves scrolling
: through reams of quoted posts and answers which I've already seen and
: that someone has been too idle to snip!

This isn't the fault of bottom-posting, it's the fault of the poster.
Usually, if there is no new script in the window, I delete the post
unread. And it doesn't make any difference to that kind of poster, who
will put a one line (or worse, two word) reply at the top and not snip
any of the text to which he/she is replying.

I must say, top-posters are the worst offenders here, and if only for
that reason, I'd welcome a killfile facility for weeding-out top-posted