Old 13-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default sequel to blaster worm

The message
from "al" contains these words:

Which is fine, you've got rid of a lot of the low hanging fruit. However
many of the recent vulnerabilities are in Windows components, not the
internet applications. You would never know if someone compromised your
machine (ie. not a script or a worm) and hid their tracks. You make this
extremely easy by not bothering to update your software.

Send me a virus, worm or trojan, and I'd know. With my mail/news reader
I can open any item without running the attachment, and if there is one,
it's signalled. Then I'd have to decode it and go to the directory into
which it has been placed, and run it.

How would I contract it? Certainly not through mail or news, and I
rarely bother with the www. If and when I do I'll think about AV and
firewall.

Seven years without trouble speaks for itself. And yes, I know what a
trojan looks like, having examined one in a text editor.

--
Frère Jaques
They knocked the Bell down and erected a charade of pops.