Old 13-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Shed / lean-to question

The message
from (paul) contains these words:

Hi,

I am looking to build a shed \ lean-to onto the side of my detached
house. I was thinking of using timber , but someone mentioned that you
cannot attach timber sheds to your house. Does anyone know if this is
true ?

Think of all those timber leanto structures called conservatories,
sunrooms, porches, etc.

Also whats the max height without needing planning permission?

Afaik height isn't as likely to be a deciding factor, as the fact of
being attached to the house; freestanding wooden sheds are usually
exempt from pp. Ring your local council's planning office and ask their
advice, it's free and that's what they are there for.

Janet.