Old 14-09-2003, 12:02 AM
al

Default sequel to blaster worm

"Jaques d'Altrades" wrote in message
Well, I would because I have a program installed on the box I use for
internet which would alert me. Can't unforget what it's called.

Ahh ... ZoneAlarm perhaps or BlackIce? In that case you're more careful
than you let on. Still though, I cannot condone for any reason leaving a
Windows box unpatched. It's just asking for trouble. Standard practice is
defence in depth. That means covering all avenues of attack. Personal
firewall and anti-virus software are fine if kept up to date *most of the
time*. There are however many ways of disabling both of them depending on
the underlying OS's configuration.

No. I said 'examined'. SoI would recognise the structure.

In any case, it was years ago, before most ISPs were stripping binaries
from newsgroups. I found it there, downloaded it, and because I was
running Win 3.11 at the time I knew it was totally in my power, and
completely unable to bite me.

If the dog is big enough it can always bite .... :P