Old 23-01-2003, 09:12 PM
Theo Asir

Default Prune now?

Hmm!!

Seeem to have touched a nerve there.

But not that I'd get away with calling her
a little woman too. She's still gets touchy
about the 'wife' label, won't change last
name(not that I care), weaned me off
the female term kinda person.

Now there's another term that gets women going.
Call them 'Female' as in "you're just a female." and
watch the sparks fly. Though women around
here seem to be a lot less sensitive to this than
women on the coasts.

I can counts gaff's & innuendo the rednecks in
my office drop without narry a reaction
from the women. Can't figure that one out.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"Susan H. Imko" wrote in message
.com...
Shiva wrote:

Well, Theo, marital bliss does have its rough spots. What wouldn't float
my boat is being thought of as "the little woman." I don't think husband

1
or 2 ever did--they sure never had the guts to say it if so, hee hee!

I'd
rather get myself off of the warm couch and get the damned door open
myself.

My ex made a major mistake when he referred to me as the little woman.
I may not be very tall but I am *not* "the little woman". This idiot
couldn't do anything with his hands - electrical wiring, gardening,
working on a car, maintenance around the house - I did it all. Yet, he
referred to *me* as the little woman. *hmph*

Current partner knows that I'm quite capable and just lets me go. We
have a an unwritten rule around the house - no expectations of the other
person to help with any project one initiates. This works really well
and svaes from lots of hard feelings. Not saying we don't volunteer to
help the other with a project, just no expectations unless the project
is planned out together.

Office is on severe weather policy today so I'm sitting at home. I only
wish I could be outside working in the yard. Hands are itching to do
something but our kitten won't let me do any needle work. He seems to
think needles are things to play with. Last night I caught him chewing
on a hat pin. I still don't know how he was doing it without poking
holes throughout his mouth. (I took it away from him and checked his
mouth.)

Oh well, I guess it's time to play some more with the indoor plants.
I've already put some thai and genovese basil seeds in pots today.

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu