Old 14-09-2003, 01:22 AM
George

Default Hauling Uphill

Stone boat, sledge, or what most of the old-timers hereabout used - hood of
a full-sized automobile. Drag by the method of your choice, but if
human-powered, get some mechanical advantage to help.

"James Barley" wrote in message
. ca...
My son and I hauled a lot of big maple turning blocks up a steep and very
rough incline using the following method.
He cobbled together what oldtimers know as a stone bolt, a rather crude

and
heavy sled.
Then using a snatch block at the top of the grade, passed the towline from
the sled through the block and tied it off to the front bumper of my

truck,
then with him guiding the sled, and me backing my truck we successfully
hauled load after load up that grade.
Worked well for us, might be worth a thought if you have a lot to move.