Old 14-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Linda

Default New Vegie Garden advice required

You forgot upright old terracotta sewage pipes. Mine is old solid
bricks (nice man at tip) with inset features of sewage pipes. Put a
bit of soil int he pipes and grow something like Thyme (doesn't need
as much water)

Despite bricks being MOSTLY solids, they still provide a smidge too
much harbour for slaters and earwigs etc. But on the up side, I have
lots and lots of really nice little skinks living in them too.

But didn't I hear something about tyres not being nice if you are
concerned about chemicals????

Linda

"Wanda" wrote:

Railway sleepers, bricks, reconstituted limestone blocks, rocks, sheet
metal, large planter pots, bath tubs, tyres... I guess it depends on what
you want to plant & the look you're after.