Old 14-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Jim Sullivan

Default Cost to dethatch and aerate in Seattle Area

While it was a few years ago, and half a continent away, I remember paying
someone $25 Canadian to aerate my lawn in Toronto. Today, I got a quote
from a local landscape guy for $600 to dethatch and aerate my lawn. Wow.
Figuring that this would take maybe 4 hours, he's charging me $150 an hour!

Is this the normal cost of such a simple task? Tru-Chem gave me a quote of
$135 for an aeration and I I thought that was high

I can rent the dethatching and aerating machines for $40/4 hours, so I now
plan to do the work myself. I need to open up the soil so I can overseed
this month, and time is running out.

--
Jim Sullivan
Don't plant your bad days, they turn into bad weeks,