Old 14-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Cirtique this plan, please.

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 10:26:47 -0800, (Jan
Flora) wrote:

Hey, how much frost can glads stand?

Can't help: never grew them.

Mine are within days of blooming and
we're starting to have hard frost at night. We covered the glads last night
with a visqueen tent, which the wind ripped off. The plants are a little wilty
today (not bad), but I'm wondering if they'll make it to bloom. My SO (a
homegrown Alaskan) has never seen a gladiola in bloom. (He also thinks apples
come from the grocery store, so I planted a couple of trees.)

Good luck with the apples! (And the glads, but the apples
are more important, I think.)

Pat