Old 14-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Phisherman

Default Favorite ground cover for shade

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:54:52 GMT, Kim wrote:

I live in Ohio and have several shaded areas where I would like to put
in ground cover and I just wanted to make sure I've thought of them all.
So far I have English Ivy and Periwinkle. The ivy is great, and the
periwinkle is beautiful, but it is very prone to fungus from moisture -
and the shade doesn't help dry up that!

So what are your suggestions?

-kim

You should have more luck than me to grow Pachysandra. It grows well
in Ohio, but it's just too hot in Tennessee to grow well. It loves
shade, stays green all year, has small white flowers in the spring.