Old 14-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Pam Rudd

Default Hot Pepper Oil

When last we left our heros, on Sat, 13 Sep 2003 22:15:17 -0400,
"len" scribbled:

"Pam Rudd" wrote in message
.. .

I made hot pepper oil, emphasis on *hot*)

...but I still pick those habs with my bare hands (Hi Nydb!)

Pam

Geez, I wished I had access to an autoclave. I guess it is a steam
autoclave?

Steam and pressure. It's a nifty new one that I got when my lab
moved to a new building. It might seem a bit extreme to autoclave
the flavored oils, but, than botulism *is* a bit extreme, so I
think it's important to be safe.

Maybe the turkey frier might work. Anyways sounds like a good
stir fry. I pick our habaneros bare handed, but I don't break the skin
without gloves. I learned this from personal experiance, ouch. Len

Heh, well, yeah.

It was a joke from a few months back. I pick all my peppers with
my bare hands. I use my thumbnail to cut the stem; except for the
chocolate cherry peppers, their stem is too thick.

I'm trying a new popper recipe tonight. New in that the method
for getting the breading to stick is new. I'm just using Colby
Jack cheese with a bit of onion and basil for stuffing.

Pam

"ElissaAnn"