Old 15-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Steve

Default When to harvest pumkins..

Steve Sagerian wrote:

Hi,
I have grown some pumkins this year and I was wondering when I should
pull them. We are growning them primarily for decorations at halloween
so the bigger they are the better.
My questions are..
Should I let them continue to grow and pull them on the first nite
frost is predicted?
If I pull them now and keep them in a dry place will they keep until
the end of october (or longer?).

Thanks!

Steve

The longer you leave them on the plant, the more certain you can be that
they will stay in good condition long enough. Don't let them get a
frozen spot, of course. I bring mine in when I believe there will be
frost or I throw a cover over some of them just in case if I decide to
wait and see.

Steve (the other one)