Old 15-09-2003, 02:32 AM
dkat

Default Favorite ground cover for shade

Can you give information of what you want out of the ground cover? Most of my favorites have been mentioned except for houttuynia cordata 'chameleon' which is a lovely mix of pink, green and cream in color, (creeping sedum is also nice) but I also use hostas (you can get miniatures that are really elegant), ferns, and astilbe to add color and height.

If you do a web search with all the plants mentioned you might get some additional information and pictures of what you don't know. DKat

"Kim" wrote in message a.net...
I live in Ohio and have several shaded areas where I would like to put
in ground cover and I just wanted to make sure I've thought of them all.
So far I have English Ivy and Periwinkle. The ivy is great, and the
periwinkle is beautiful, but it is very prone to fungus from moisture -
and the shade doesn't help dry up that!

So what are your suggestions?

-kim