Old 15-09-2003, 02:32 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Orchid Family Weekend in your Nation's Capitol

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:08:17 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Nice webpage. I like that you say all the different ways to get to the
Arboretum.

K Barrett

I like the members sales tables with a 20/80 split for the
society/member and definite rules about selling. We did it that
at every meeting in Chicago when I was in the Ill OS. I think it
worked well and got lots of low priced plants into new members
hands.
We had a auction of blooming plants as a way to get members into
the meeting hall on time and get the meeting started with a bang.
It kept the old timers interest to see what their fellow
experienced growers were thinning and the newer members enjoyed
the chance at top plants in bloom.

We had the advantage of sales, show and tell and refreshments
downstairs and the lecture/speaker upstairs. Good conversations
before and after. But no way to get kudos for having grown a
difficult plant. Show and tell when it is in the meeting is good
for new members to get "good job" kudos.
SuE