Old 15-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Shell91

Default potting mixtures

Thakns for the information. I definitely don't want to use too many
chemicals. I have a chemical caused respiratory problem and even air
fresheners can set it off. I may try the cocnut husks, with some charcoal.
I have read some of Rays information and I hope to be able to order a few
things soon
Shell

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:48:09 GMT, "Shell91"
wrote:

What is everyone's thoughts on Prime Agra? I have thought of using that

for
my dends. Can it be used by itself? I don't want to deal with decaying
bark and such since I have some health problems and I can't stand

sphagnum
moss.

Shell

Shell -
We pot Paphs and Phrags in prime Agra and keep them in Semi
Hydro (S/H). I have not used it inplace of volcanic rock which
is what I generally find Den's potted in. I don't like volcanic
rock because it can be obsidian and have very sharp pieces.
I woudl suggest CHC which is coconut husk chips. It lasts for 2
years + often. Or I would think you could mount some of your
Den.s Not the tall canes from Lowes or HD.

Have you read about the S/H on Ray's website? www.firstrays.com
he has a section of notes on lots of things like chem-free pest
control. Well what we think of as Chem. Yes, I know alcohol is
a chem product, too.

Maybe someone else has another idea for the Den's you have.
SuE