Old 15-09-2003, 10:12 AM
groovy

Default Starting a small pond.

Try http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html

Most important is to treat any tap water to remove the chlorine
before putting any plants in. For a quick start, see if a local ponder
will give you a bucket full of bottom gunge, water and weed and
just dump it in your pond.

"Pip" wrote in message
Hi all,

We are wanting to have a pond in our garden, only a small pond say 3 foot

by
4 foot, if that. It is not for keeping fish in, but it would be nice to
have either toad or frog spawn and to grow some plants in etc etc. There
will be no running water feature - just still water.

I realise that there is alot of advice to give on this subject so any
advice, or any website that you may know of that would help us, would be
much appreciated.

(We are in West Yorkshire just about on the Pennines, in Last of the

Summer
Wine area - lovely)

Thank you in advance

Mags