Old 15-09-2003, 12:05 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Raspberry problem.

"tony" wrote in
:

I have been growing raspberrys for 3 years. the first year i had a
good crop, the 2nd was fair but this year not very good. i tend to get
fruit on only certain branches but i have loads of new shoots coming
up all the time. is it a pruning problem? any advise would be welcome.

As well as pruning (follow Alan's advice!), are you feeding them? I find
raspbs respond well to a good mulch, and that also helps keep the weeds
down.

I prune mine after they have finished fruiting, and just cut out anything
that looks tatty or has old fruit sprays on it. Seems to work.

Victoria