Old 15-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Joe Zorzin

Default "Preservationists" accelerate bark beetle infestations

POSTED IN alt.forestry
*************************
I'm sure some preservationists do oppose all logging- probably after
reviewing the history of logging in North America, until recently as you
say, what they saw was so hideous that they now assume there is no such
thing as good logging. So, who has the responsibility of educating them that
there is such a thing as good logging if not the forestry profession? But
instead of doing that, the forestry establishment just opposes anything
that the preservationists want. So the 2 sides keep up the ancient struggle
and both are at fault.

At least here in Mass. some of us have made an effort to reach out to
enviros, especially the Mass. Audubon, to show them what good logging is
like. This is a better idea than the usual SAF and other reactionary
opposition to enviros.

I have my own gripe with enviros- now that we have shown them good forestry
here in Mass.- we still don't get much support from them in pushing for
better forestry here, as contrasted with the fact that 2/3 of all logging
here is still high grading.

My own slam at the enviros can be seen and enjoyed (G) at
http://forestmeister.com/global-onli...n-regime.html. I've sent
that to many major enviros here in Mass. and none have attempted to deny my
accusations.
--
Joe Zorzin
"What Liberal Media" by Erik Alterman

"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
k.net...
(Joe Zorzin) writes:

I blame it all on the forestry establishment. Sure, the enviros are

stopping
you from doing what should be done- but the reason they do this is they
don't trust the forestry world. The forestry world needs to get back the
trust and one way is to end the plague of excessive clearcutting and

high
grading and money losing forestry agencies and mediocre forestry

education
and research- the real forestry world, not the idiot propaganda issued

by
most forestry orgs.

The preservationists are opposed to forestry of any kind. There hasn't
been excessive clearcutting or high grading in national forests for over
a decade now, and they still oppose any forestry operations. Meanwhile,
the fuel load continues to build and the bug infestations continue to
spread.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc