Old 15-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Raspberry problem.

The message . 12
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

As well as pruning (follow Alan's advice!), are you feeding them? I find
raspbs respond well to a good mulch, and that also helps keep the weeds
down.

I prune mine after they have finished fruiting, and just cut out anything
that looks tatty or has old fruit sprays on it. Seems to work.

Also, raspberries need a certain amount of manganese, and if your soil
is deficient in it (as some parts of East Anglia are) the leaves are
yellowish and look a bit as if they're infected with the mosaic virus.

You can get foliar feeds and other supplements containing manganese -
you don't need much.

--
Rusty Hinge
No m'lud, it wasn't a sneg. My joints creak.