Old 15-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default pressure treated timber and raised beds

The message
In article , Jaques d'Altrades
writes:
| The message
| from "Mike Tickle" contains these words:
|
| Aside from that after two years the boxes need a little more paint
| applying - insects have started to eat the inside of them (just a
little).
| Is there anything (safe) that I can paint them with that might
last more
| than 2 years, or is 2 years when in contacts with moist compost
for 9 months
| of the year good (I empty them out over winter).
|
| Line with polythene - solve both problems then.

Bet?

You're on. Remind me next year - I'm lining wooden troughs with
polythene to put on my proposed roof garden - on top of the ablutions
block jerrybuilt on the end of my place.

Iron bath with fig tree in it -------------

--
Rusty Hinge
No m'lud, it wasn't a sneg. My joints creak.