Old 15-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Stephen Sassman

Default Artificial Lighting Question

A couple of fluorescents would be pointless. The light intensity decreases with
the square of the distance from the light source. If you had a bunch of
fluorescents, you might see some benefit. Or better yet, install a couple of
400W HID lights. Since you already have a source of natural sunlight, I think
your best bet would be high pressure sodium lights. However both of these
options would be somewhat expensive, both in initial investment and in adding to
your electricity bill.

rapdor wrote:

Hi folks, We are renovating our sunroom room which is 2m x 5m (6' x
16') with full afternoon sun on the long side. Australian climate, similar
to Florida. My question is, would it be beneficial to include (say) 2 x
1.2m (4') fluoro fixtures in the ceiling with Grolux-type tubes, or would it
be pointless? Thanks for any replies.

--
Stephen Sassman
Analytical Chemist