Old 15-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Dendrobium

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:09:41 GMT, "Gene Schurg"
wrote:

Guilty!
your ability and culture. I have a couple of cymbidiums that were a "good
buy" that I have never been able to rebloom because the summer is hot and I
don't have a good cool place to over winter them. Now that the greenhouse
is full of stuff I love the cymbidiums are in danger of not coming in at all
this winter.
Good Growing,
Gene

Gene -
Leave them out until you have snow on them. Do protect them
from killing frost, but not too well. YOu want the cold to hit.
I had a friend who watered in the afternoon with ice chips in an
attempt to get the chill into one that was too large to move
easily.

Get creative. Cool them at night and you might keep them longer.
Or ship them to our CA. contingent that seems to grow and bloom
everything.

SuE