Old 15-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Bob

Default using sump water for lawn irrigation

"pb0094" wrote in message
om...
Okay, same question, different scenario:
We live in an rural and arid region and are on septic. We would like
to irrigate with some of the wastewater from our studio (the part that
isn't contaminated with chemicals from our processes - it's easy for
us to separate). Andy's solution for his sump water is what I was
thinking for this purpose. So what kind of container should be used
for holding the water? Above or under ground? What about a pond, so
the wildlife could benefit as well? Can a sump pump somehow be used
to pressurize a drip irrigation system?

I used a 12 ft dia x 3 ft deep kids pool to store the water, and a sprinkler
pump to feed my sprinklers. A sump pump might have enough pressure to
"sort-of" operate a drip system, but you would probably need some kind of
pressure tank with an on-off switch to match up the volume. A sprinkler pump
or shallow well pump or would be much better.

Bob