Old 15-09-2003, 05:02 PM
John T. Jarrett

Default Composting at an Apartment

Anaerobic in a tall garbage can on the porch.

I'd build a 2x4 'table' to put it on tall enough I could get a
5-gallon bucket underneath to catch the drippings and use for watering
my plants, punch a few holes in the bottom, and fashion some kind of
door on the side at the bottom to remove finished compost in several
months.

This will stink more than a normal pile so you will want to have a lid
that can be secured. However, it would be a very 'clean' way to
compost and requires no turning. Just doing kitchen scraps, you aren't
going to get much compost for your efforts, but if it is just for
house plants, that might be plenty! Come Spring that is...

Good Luck,
John

"ohberg" wrote in message
Does anyone have suggestions for composting apartment-style? I live

on the
second floor & my "backyard" is my porch.