Old 15-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Ray

Default potting mixtures

Maybe I should have been clearer, as here in the US, the vast majority of
"barbeque charcoal" is so-called briquettes fashioned from fairly finely
ground pine bark and chips, often with a binder, and occasionally with fuel
added - no, not good for orchids at all.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Just Nice" wrote in message
It was Ray who opined:

Barbecue charcoal - no

I might be wrong, but here in Malaysia we use barbecue charcoal as our

main
medium for most 'aerial' orchids. From their blooms, we know they loved

it.

--
It is unfortunate that "Yes" will never concur with "No".

From the 'unquotables' of:-
Just Nice.