Old 15-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Dave M

Default cleaning ponds

I just installed my pond this year but thinking about the first cleaning. We
have a small submergible utility pump and the output attaches directly to
the pump. Thinking I could use this pump/hose combination to run a small
pool vac, would be using and returning the pond water to power the vacuum,
don't see why this wouldn't work but wanted to check with others who might
be doing the same thing. I have gravel on the bottom of my pool but it is
smooth and don't think it will be a problem to move use the vacuum? Make
sense?

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message ...
How big is your pond? A shop vac works, as does a hose-powered pool vac,

if
you have a smooth bottom and enough volume to handle the added tap water.

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
"frankie" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can I clean my pond, without draining the water. Frankie