Old 15-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Jim Seidman

Default How to keep plants down, and What is this????

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message ...
Q: Is there a way to take dirt from your yard, unferted, and put into your
aquarium? not potting soil, not anything special, just a little dirt...

Is your question whether it's safe, or how to do it? I'm using a soil
underlayer in my tank, with the soil from my backyard. It's been
working great.

If you're asking how to get dirt into an existing tank, either put it
in a pot, or wrap a brick of it in wax paper and insert the brick
under your existing gravel. The wax paper will decay away over time,
and you can speed up the process by stabbing it with a knife after
getting it in place.

- Jim